The World Corporate Golf Challenge (WCGC) is the world’s oldest and biggest corporate amateur golf series, and its World Final has become the premiere international corporate golf event.
What is the World Corporate Golf Challenge?
- The World Corporate Golf Challenge (WCGC) is the world’s oldest and biggest corporate golf tour.
- It started it in England in 1993… the WCGC World Final has been the premiere international corporate golf event for 25 years, where now over 1 million amateur golfers from 40+ countries have competed to be crowned World Champion.
- The WCGC Tour has been focused on growing in Europe, Asia and Africa, and for the first time in Canada.
What events are on the calendar this year?
- We have four 1-day Regional Qualifiers planned this year in May, the Canadian Final and 2018 World Final in June.
- We have scheduled two Qualifiers in Ottawa at Eagle Creek on May 14th (and 15th if needed), and in Toronto at Bond Head on May 22nd (and 23rd if needed).
- The Canadian Final is June 16-17 at Glen Abbey. The World Final is June 20-24 at Oivatos Dunes in Cascais, Portugal.
How do players advance to the Canadian and World Final?
- Teams comprise 2 players. Each 1-day qualifying event has a maximum of 56 teams, including sponsor teams.
- From each qualifier, the top 12.5% of teams advance to the Canadian Final. For a full field of 56 teams, that means 7 teams will advance.
- With 4 qualifiers this Spring, that means we’ll have 28 teams competing at the Canadian Final at Glen Abbey. The winning team goes all expenses paid to Portugal for 5 days to compete in the World Final.
What is the tournament scoring format?
- All WCGC events use a 2-person Better Ball, that is also handicapped, under Stableford Scoring.
- Each player plays their own ball per hole, then each of their net scores are calculated (i.e handicapped), and the better of the two player scores for that hole get the Stableford points for the team.
- Eagle – 4 points, Birdie – 3 points, Par – 2 points, Bogie – 1 point
What kind of players are you looking for?
We are looking for business-minded men and women golfers, preferably in
- They want to play in a fun exciting, pro-style golf tournament
- They enjoy a little competition and will enjoy playing for over a million dollars in cash and prizes
- And they want to quickly expand their business network with a hundred other executives within their peer group.
PowerScout Sports Inc. is the exclusive WCGC license holder for Canada.
Ottawa, Victoria, Phoenix
(833) 999-WCGC (9242)