Frequent Asked Questions
We want to deliver a different kind of golf tournament experience for amateur golfers of all skill levels. Got a question? Reach out and we can help.
What is the World Corporate Golf Challenge?
- The World Corporate Golf Challenge (WCGC) is the world’s oldest and biggest corporate golf tour.
- It started it in England in 1993… the WCGC World Final has been the premiere international corporate golf event for 25 years, where now over 1 million amateur golfers from 40+ countries have competed to be crowned World Champion.
- The WCGC Tour has been focused on growing in Europe, Asia and Africa, and for the first time in Canada.
What events are on the calendar this year?
- The Canadian Open is on June 13, 2019 at Brampton GC, in Brampton, Ontario.
- The World Final is July 3-7 Oivatos Dunes in Cascais, Portugal.
How do players advance to the World Final?
- Teams are comprised of 2 players.
- The top team from the Competitive Flight (ie. must have a handicap) will fly all-expenses paid to Portugal for 5 days to compete in the World Final.
What is the tournament scoring format?
- All WCGC events use a 2-person Better Ball, that is also handicapped, under Stableford Scoring.
- Each player plays their own ball per hole, then each of their net scores are calculated (i.e handicapped), and the better of the two player scores for that hole get the Stableford points for the team.
- Eagle – 4 points, Birdie – 3 points, Par – 2 points, Bogie – 1 point
What kind of players are you looking for?
We are looking for business-minded men and women amateur golfers, preferably in
- A fun exciting, pro-style golf experience with a little healthy competition
- Playing for over a million dollars in cash and prizes
- Quickly expand their business network with other executives within their peer group.
PowerScout Sports Inc. is the exclusive WCGC license holder for Canada.
Head Office: Ottawa