About WCGC Canada
The World Corporate Golf Challenge (WCGC) is the world’s oldest and biggest corporate amateur golf series, and its World Final has become the premiere international corporate golf event.
Local, regional and national tournaments are organized and promoted by licensed partners in different countries around the globe. The top national team represent both their country and company at the World Final. Since its inception 25 years ago, over 1 Million golfers have competed across the globe for the chance to be crowned WCGC World Champions. The World Final is also broadcast by Golfing World TV to over 50 broadcasters with an estimated home reach of 350 million globally, and is covered by Time and Fortune magazine.
The event was founded in 1993 by two professional football players based in England. Within a short time, the Corporate Golf Challenge became synonymous with the Times Newspaper and corporate golf across the United Kingdom.
Once established, the rights holders expanded the event into new territories around the world applying a licensing model. Since then, WCGC has enjoyed continued success and growth.
This year’s tournaments are being staged across 6 continents and 30+ territories will be represented at the World Final in Portugal (June 20 to June 24). Licensees are expected to organize 150+ events and attract more than 9,000 participants.
Ninety percent (90%) of WCGC participant players are high-level business executives with substantial purchasing power, aged 30-60 and 90% male. Companies represented come from a variety of industry sectors including real estate, banking, and entertainment to name but a few.
- 100% get 18 holes of pro-style tournament golf at an exclusive private course, with a cart, and unlimited driving range usage ($175)
- 100% enjoy three premium meals during the day, including two free drinks ($150)
- 100% participate in the fun “Big-Break style” Charity Ball games ($5,000+ in prizes)
- 100% contribute five percent of their registration fee to a local charity-du-jour ($35+)
- 100% gain valuable contacts through our proprietary Network Accelerators ($10,000+)
- 100% take home an awesome gift bag full of ‘keeper swag’ ($500+)
- 100% get a hole-in-one attempt to win the ultimate Master’s fan package ($25,000)
- 100% get a combo-putt attempt for a six-day St. Andrew’s dream golf trip ($20,000)
- 100% putt once from fifty feet for $1,000 in cold, hard cash
- 17% win a special ‘founder-approved’ prize as part of the Appleby Cup ($100+)
- 14% get a hole-in-one attempt in the Million-Dollar Shootout ($1,000,000)
- 13% advance from each Qualifier to play free in the two-round National Final ($3,000)
- 2% chance for one random team to win the final Wildcard spot to the National Final ($3,000)
- 2% chance to be the last place team at a Qualifier, and win our special prize ($500)
- 1 team will be crowned WCGC Canadian Champions each year, and win an all-expenses paid trip to an exotic location to represent their company and country in the prestigious three-round World Final. ($20,000)
- Our Canadian champions will also receive custom WCGC golf bags designed by UFO Tour Golf ($2,000)
PowerScout Sports Inc. is the exclusive WCGC license holder for Canada.
Ottawa, Victoria, Phoenix
(833) 999-WCGC (9242)